- Arc Class 2 face protection
- Clear-grey polycarbonate HT screen with antifog coating
- Approved to EN 166:2001 B 1 3 8, EN 170:2002 2C-1,2, GS-ET-29 Rev 1 Class 2
- Utilises the latest Paulson Arc technology
- The highest visible light transmittance for accurate cable identification
- Carrier available as a separate item (product code S55)
Esko Nexus Face Shield
Nexus Face Shield and Chin Guard, Arc Rated
EN 166 Personal Eye Protection Standard is the core technical industrial safety norm in Europe for eye protection. Lens markings: 1, 2, 3—indicates the quality of the ocular (class 1 is the best); Frame marking, strength of the frame and lens: F—withstands impacts against small objects travelling up to 45 meters per second; B—up to 120 meters per second; A—up to 190 meters per second; T—withstands impacts at extreme temperatures (a frame can have a combination of these markings)
EN 170 2C-1.2
This European Standard specifies the scale numbers and transmittance requirements for filters that protect against ultraviolet (UV) radiation. 2C-1.2 rating indicates UV protection with good colour recognition. 74.4%–100% light transmission and able to withstand small objects travelling up to 45 meters per second.
Testing of face shields for electrical works. Real arc flash test has 2 classes: Class 1: 4 kA, 135kJ/m³; Class 2: 7 kA, 423kJ/m³. The temperature behind the visor at eye, mouth and chin level of the test head is measured and maximum safe temperatures are given to ensure that users will not be injured.